Komparo inter Novial e Ido
Novial blid krea da Otto Jespersen, kel had anke es ko-autore de Ido. Both languages base their vocabularies primarily on the Germanic and Romance languages but differ grammatically in several important respects. Comparisons of Ido and Novial both with each other and with several other major international auxiliary languages (e.g. Esperanto and Occidental) have formed an important part of interlinguistics studies. This article is intended to provide an overview of the salient differences and similarities of Ido and Novial.
The grammars of Novial and Ido differ substantially in the way that the various tenses, moods and voices of verbs are expressed. Both use a combination of auxiliary verbs and verb endings. However, Novial uses many more auxiliary verbs and few endings, while Ido uses only one auxiliary verb and a greater number of verb endings.
In both Ido and Novial, all verb forms are independent of person (1st, 2nd or 3rd persons) and number (singular or plural).
Lingual sample por komparoEdit
Dislok es li Paternoster in ambi lingues:
- Kompleta Gramatiko di la Linguo Internaciona Ido (187-page PDF file.)
- An International Language: Otto Jespersen's 1928 book which introduced Novial. Contains discussion of earlier auxiliary languages including Ido.
- An International Lamguage: The Delegation. Ido Chapter of the first book about Novial which discusses Ido (specific criticisms of Ido are mentioned in various chapters of the book).
- OTTO JESPERSEN His Work for an International Auxiliary Language By Henry Jacob, 1943, Comparative Texts comparing Ido, Novial, Occidental, Latino sine flexione, Esperanto and English.
- A PLANNED AUXILIARY LANGUAGE By Henry Jacob, 1947. A detailed comparative study of interlinguistics with full grammatical details of five systems of demonstrated usefulness, Esperanto, Ido, Occidental, Novial, and Latino sine flexione.
- About Direct Derivation in International Languages By Friedrich Auerbach, 1930 (in Novial).
- A passage from Machievelli in Ido and Novial
- Contains many links pertinent to Novial, Ido, and Otto Jespersen